Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving

In this post I'd like to take the time to all of you that read my posts. This blog is a wonderful outlet for my feelings as pertains to current events. Thank you all for sharing in my mental musings. Hopefully I can continue to entertain and enlighten you in years to come.

With that, I ask the more fortunate ones out there to give. Give to charities that truly need it. Try to steer clear of the big commercial ones, I won't name names. Give to your local food bank, small churches, local clothing drives and local people you know that need it. I don't believe in giving to the 'super markets' of charity. The amount you give them is used to run their bloated system. I believe they play on our charitable feelings to profit. One well known charity organization runs big box size retail buildings. I'm not sure that the running cost to charitable giving ratio is so good on that one.

Now for my more conservative friends...

I know with my ideals I give what I can and I give to whom I think will benefit. I also give to the Federal Government which they dole out as THEY see fit. My charitable giving is on a much smaller level, but I bet my meager giving (as compared to the bloated government) has more impact dollar for dollar then the Fed can even come close to.

On this Thanksgiving, be thankful. No matter your place in life.