Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Self evaluation

In light of recent political events, I feel the need to reaffirm my position in the political landscape. My core beliefs revolve around, or rather, evolve from my view that every one is created equal. We all deserve to be left alone by a tyrannical government and contribute EQUALLY to a fair and just system to protect us. What does that statement entail? My views are considered extreme by many, not extreme enough by others.

Here are some of my views.

I have no view on gay marriage. My view on that topic reverts to the government in it's entirety. The government should make no rules or laws that create more or less liberties for any person regardless of sexual orientation. Therefore, why should I care if gays want to marry? They should be afforded the same liberties as anyone else. My more conservative friends would find offense with this, but I have gay friends that are members of loving families not deviants. They are individuals that are productive members of society. They are genuinely good people. While deep seated biblical conservatives will no doubt counter with their lifestyle choices as an abomination, I'll counter with the fact that you really don't need to look for a homosexual for abomination. That sort of thing is on both sides of that fence. We don't often hear about man on man rape or woman on woman rape do we?

That kind of leads us into all things moral. I don't subscribe to any particular religious belief. Most of the major religions are good rules to live by. How about lets just be good to one another and not judge lest ye be judged? I judge not on moral choice but by actions that question that morality.

I also have little concern for economic stature. All people are created equal and are given the freedom to excel in our capitalist society. Or so it would seem. The liberal would have you believe that it's the rich that keep people from exercising that ability. I counter with the fact that regulation created by the government makes it damn near impossible to do anything on a small level. Regulations put in place to control very large corporate entities have the unpleasant effect of huge burdens on small business. The little guy can't afford to hire a Certified Public Accountant, Tax Lawyer and someone that is well versed in all things about environmental law, employment law and local regulations. The sad fact is the only reason a person is stunted economically is because all these laws created to affect 'the rich' really just negatively affect the little guy. It's but an annoyance for a large corporation, who I might add, will just pass the added cost down to the little guy anyway.

I believe in smaller government, self reliance, fair taxation, less regulation, fiscal responsibility and truth. The government does not want to be smaller because it will denude it's power, it does not want us to be self reliant because it will take away it's social relevance, it does not want fair taxation because it would be easily understood and remove the power of the deal from the politicians, it does not want less regulation for that same reason, they cannot exercise fiscal responsibility for fear of losing the link with the uninformed voter they shower with 'free' things and they cannot tell us the truth because it's stranger than fiction. Our own government has lied to us so often and for so long that somewhere along the line they forgot what the real truth is.

I've made mistakes in my life too numerous to count. I make no excuses for them for they were truly character building. I classify my political position as a Libertarian. I believe in individual liberties for ALL citizens of the United States of America. I believe in individual accountability for ALL citizens of the United States of America. I believe in fairness across the board. There should be no separate laws, rules, regulations, taxation or permissions for ANY citizen.

Remember, it's us against the politicians. Sooner or later we're all going to find out that government really doesn't give a rat's ass for us. All they are concerned with is power and the perpetuation of that power.

That's my two cents, spend 'em or put 'em in the dish for the next person.