Thursday, September 6, 2012

There's more of us then there are of them.

This is the first real post on my blog! I'm a bit excited to be putting my thoughts down for others to ponder, whether it's good or bad! I'm sure I'll strike a nerve or two!

This election cycle is one of the defining moments of our American lives. Our vote determines which way our future is going. 

On the left, we have Barack Obama. Social messiah, community organizer and creator of..well, to put it bluntly, nothing but divisive rhetoric. A very limited work history, a questionable social history and an attitude of entitlement. Advocate of social justice, gun control and governmental oversight. 

On the right, Mitt Romney. Venture capitalist, principled Mormon, creator of wealth and jobs and a family man. In our country he is considered a producer. He offers a good or service. Past Governor of, whats deemed, the most liberal state in the Northeast. Advocate of the Constitution, smaller government, individual liberty and choice. Also, a politician. That's not a good thing. 

Now, I've chosen to include the two top runners simply because a third choice at this period of time is moot. There is no way a third candidate will garner the votes to succeed. Any vote for a third party candidate is a vote for the winner of the contest.

The problem with the two top candidates is that they both have qualities that people don't like. They also have qualities that people identify with. Our DUTY as citizens is to choose the candidate that will preserve the American way of life. To respect the Constitution and everything it stands for. Our DUTY as citizens is to choose the candidate that espouses our own beliefs but will not trample our fellow American's belief.

I am not a Republican. Nor am I a Democrat. I am the rarest of breeds: An Informed Voter. I research the claims of both parties. I vote my conscious, but also take into consideration the views of my fellow man. I vote for the candidate that will be least apt to try to force his or her ideals upon the populace. We have elevated the candidates to rock star status. We are not servants of the government, the government serves WE, THE PEOPLE. 

In this blog I'll make an attempt to sift thru the bullshit from both parties. Right now most of the bullshit is coming from the Democrats. Numbers don't lie unless you manipulate the question. I'm going to examine those numbers by first understanding the question.

As a disclaimer..I'm a bit of a scatter brain when it comes to topics..expect the odd movie review, car talk, food stuff, vacation pics and general nonsense.